This tutorial is step by step installation processor of GNS3 0.7.4 on windows 7. On internet there are some discussions that gns3 is not work properly on windows 7 but i think there is not such problem with GNS3, it just working fine for me.
- Download the GNS3 free from its official website, download the file which have all supported software included.
- Double click on this file a windows appear, click on run.
- Then the installation wizard starts click next and accept the license agreement.
- Choose all the components to be install (Recommended). And don't change the default directory.
- Click on install then Win pcap installation start click next and install it on default directory and after this finish the gns3 installation.
GNS3 0.7.4 Configuration on windows 7:
- When you first time start the gns3, it ask you to configure the dynamips and IOS.
- For the dynamips click on edit/Preferences and then click on dynamic tab. Don't change the default setting click on test button its should give the message that "dynamips successfull started".
- If not successful then manually browse the executable path to "C:\Program Files\GNS3\dynamips-wxp.exe". Match other settings form figure.
- Also verify that terminal command from general/terminal settings "putty.exe -telnet %h %p"
- GNS3 uses the real Cisco IOS therefore you have these to start working in GNS3, you can download these from internet. To define some IOS for routers click on edit/IOS images and hypervisors and browse some image from "Image File" field.
- For configuring ASA, PIX Qemu host etc IOS(s) click on Preferences/Qemu tab and define one by one. For configuration of ASA Qemu and PIX view the related posts of blog from blog archive.
Next Post: Getting Start with GNS3.